ZUCHINNI NUT BREAD
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, 1/2 soft & 1/2 melted
2 jumbo eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup golden raisins, currants or craisins
1/2 cup crushed walnuts
2 1/2 cups shredded zuchinni
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar and zucchini in a sauce pan.
- Cook until smooth and then add nuts and raisins.
- Stir until well coated & set aside to cool.
- Cream softened butter, sugar and eggs until fluffy.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add this to the creamed mixture gradually until well blended.
- Add cooled banana mixture.
- Pour into greased and floured pan(s)*
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45+ minutes.
*This recipe will make 2 large loaves