PJ’s HAWAIIAN COFFEE
Instant coffee powder – 1 teaspoon dissolved in a little hot water
Thick coconut milk – 1 cup
Sugar to taste
- Take coconut milk in a sauce pan and put in sugar.
- Simmer for a few minutes till it bubbles on the side.Stir a couple of times in between.
- In a serving mug put in the dissolved coffee powder.
- Pour the coconut milk over it. Stir gently [ That way you will have a foamy and bubbly coffee]
- Enjoy your cup of Hawaiian coffee…….
- Instead of instant coffee powder, freshly brewed coffee can also be used
- This coffee can also be served with a garnish of toasted / roasted [grated] coconut.
- Another method of preparing this coffee is to simmer milk with grated coconut for 10-15 minutes. It is filtered into the mug.Add coffee and sugar. Mix and serve.
PJ’S CELERY SOUP
Celery- 5 stalks, chopped
Potato-1, peeled and cubed
Garam masala- 1 teaspoon
Vegetable stock-4 cups
Coriander leaves- 1 tablespoon, chopped
White sesame seeds-1 teaspoon
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Black sesame seeds – to garnish
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and put in onion, white sesame seeds, garam masala and sauté till onion is transparent.
- Put in potato and celery and sauté for a minute. Add stock and pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- Cool and puree.
- Transfer the puree onto a pan and bring to a boil. Adjust consistency by adding more stock / water.
- Put in coriander and simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
Serve hot garnished with black sesame seeds. I didn’t have any sesame seeds, but did add some ham pieces for my meat loving husband.