2 cups diced onions
2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans pinto beans
1 (15 1/2-ounce) can pink kidney beans
1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can tomatoes with chiles
2 (4 1/2-ounce) cans diced green chiles
1 (4.6-ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced, optional
1/2 cup green olives, sliced, optional
1 (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (1-ounce) package ranch salad dressing mix
Corn chips, for serving
Sour cream, for garnish
Grated cheese, for garnish
Chopped green onions, for garnish
Pickled jalapenos, for garnish
Directions: Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet; drain the excess fat, then transfer the browned beef and onions to a large slow cooker or a stockpot. Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, green chiles, black olives, green olives, taco seasoning, and ranch dressing mix, and cook in a slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours or simmer over low heat for about 1 hour in a pot on the stove. To serve, place a few corn chips in each bowl and ladle soup over them. Top with sour cream, cheese, green onions and jalapenos.
-I cut this recipe in half. There was still more than enough.
-I elminated the stewed tomatoes.
- Diced up one onion.
- Brown the ground beef and add the onions.
- Once cooked, transfer the drained meat and onions to a crockpot.
- Add the beans.
- Drain and add the corn.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Add the green chilies and the black olives.
- Add the taco seasoning and the ranch seasoning.
- Cook for 6-8 hours and here’s what you’ll end up with:
- Garnish with chips, sour cream, green onions, jalapenos, guacamole, lettuce . . . taco stuff.