What’s the SUPER BOWL without HOT WINGS and home made BLEU CHEESE dressing for dipping along with a good beer and few dozen other appetizers? Now I try to watch our fats and prepare balanced meals on a day to day basis, but let’s get real here people, this is the SUPER BOWL ~ it’s like Christmas or Thanksgiving. Do you even think twice on those days before you pop, well let’s be honest you’ll pop ANYTHING that looks good into your mouth on those days? Of course not, so why think about it today? Plus here’s the bonus, they’re technically baked so there good for you, right?
- 2-3 dozen+ chicken wings ~ We prefer drumettes (with a little meat on them) to actual wings, but it’s your choice. Today I used what was in the freezer for picture sake, but next week it’ll be drumettes for sure!
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- hidden valley ranch dressing mix (DRY) OR Good Seasons Italian dressing mix (DRY)
- 2 sticks butter+
- Frank’s Hot Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wash and dry the chicken pieces.
- Mix together the flour and seasonings in a plastic ziploc bag. Using a ziploc bag makes it easy to throw away the whole mess after dredging all the chicken pieces and it helps you coat every possible spot of the chicken pieces.
- Add chicken a few pieces at a time and coat them well. Set chicken pieces aside.
- While you’re doing this, have the butter melting in the pan. Start with 1 stick and add as necessary, but make sure you don’t run out dry.
- Once all the chicken has been dredged start frying. After you have the pan full pepper the pieces again. Don’t turn the chicken until you can see blood. You only need to turn the chicken one time. Brown evenly and then set aside on paper towels until all pieces have been fried.
- As the last batch is frying melt the other stick of butter in a 4 cup measure cup. To that add 1 cup of Frank’s hot sauce per stick of butter. Whisk them together well.
- Spray a cookie sheet with PURE.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the hot sauce mixture and put on cookie sheet.
- After you’re all done and if you have hot sauce & butter mixture left, pour a little over the top of each wing.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with my homemade Bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks if you’d like.
Home made “BLEU” CHEESE DRESSING
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup large curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces bleu cheese crumbles (sometimes I use Gorgonzola for a bit of change or when I accidentally pick up the wrong container at the grocery store and we like it just as well)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- I put it all in my food processor and pulse until it’s well mixed. Chill for 24-48 hours before serving.