1 boneless, skinless chicken breast PER person
2 slices bacon PER person
2 ounces fresh mushrooms PER person
1 green onion PER person
1/4 cup shredded cheese PER person
1-2 tablespoon honey PER person
1-2 tablespoon BOB’s Country Sauce PER person
- Sprinkle each breast with seasoning salt and white pepper on both sides. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook bacon until crisp in frying pan. Drain on paper towels.
- Add chicken breasts to hot bacon fat and brown well on both sides ~ 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Whisk together the honey and Country Bob’s sauce.
- As you remove chicken from frying pan dip it in the honey mixture and then place in a prepared baking dish.
- Pour remaining honey sauce over top of chicken pieces.
- Add onions and mushrooms to the bacon grease and saute until tender. Drain well.
- Crumble bacon over the chicken pieces.
- Spoon onions and mushrooms over chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.**
- Serve over mashed potatoes and use any remaining sauce in the pan to top the potatoes.
**I like to use chicken steaks instead of breasts because they are thinner and we’re eating less these days. If you do this, decrease your cooking time accordingly.