SLOW COOKER BLACK BEAN CHILI
1 pound chuck steak, cut into 3/4 inch chunks**
15 ounce can tomato puree
15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 KNORR beef tub
2 cups hot water
medium red onion, chopped (reserve some for garnish)
1 bunch green onions, sliced (reserve some for garnish)
- Combine hot water and KNORR beef tub until well blended. Pour into slow cooker.
- Add tomato puree, chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper to taste, blending well.
- Add beef pieces, red onion and green onion.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Top with sour cream, grated cheese and onions for garnish.
- I served them over grilled hot dogs for hubby and Monday night football.
**We had grilled rib eyes the night before and I got a great price on buying the family pack so we grilled them all and then I cut the remains into 3/4 inch chunks for the chili. I have to say the charring added some great flavor.