This recipe is from my mother-in-law. She tells the story that it was something she would make at the end of the month when funds were shirt because it was cheap. Cheap works though! This is one of the most flavorful salads and always a family favorite.
Green leaf lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
2 bunches green onions, chopped
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 can albacore flaked tuna, drained
1 can bay shrimp drained, or 1 cup fresh (optional)
1 large lemon, juiced
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
salt & pepper
- In a large bowl mix together the lettuce, green onions and tomatoes.
- Add the tuna and shrimp.
- Toss well.
- Sprinkle lemon juice, salt and pepper over top and toss again.
- Add mayonnaise and toss well.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and toss agin.
4 French Sandwich rolls, cut into halves
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Mix melted butter and olive oil.
- Dip tops of rolls into butter mixture and then into the Parmesan cheese.
- Broil until golden and crusty.