- Whisk together the flour, sugar and salt.
- Work in the cold cubes of butter with your fingers until the dough is the size of peas and holds together when you squeeze it.
- Whisk together the egg and milk until well blended.
- Add to dough.
- Mix together until everything is evenly moistened.
- Knead on a floured surface until dough comes together evenly.
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 teaspoons flour
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Whisk together the brown sugar, cinnamon and flour. Set aside.
- Divide the dough in half.*
- Roll out first half of dough.
- You can either cut it into rectangles or use a biscuit cutter for uniform size.
- Place each piece on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Brush each piece with beaten egg.
- Add 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of each piece.
- Roll out second ball of dough and cut “tops” for each tart.
- Crimp the edges of each tart.
- Prick the tops of each tart with a fork to allow steam to escape.
- Refrigerate the pan for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the pan from the oven.
- Brush tops with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool before serving.
*Dough can be wrapped in plastic and refrigerated for a few days. If you do refrigerate it, bring it to room temperature before rolling out.
Tasty Tuesday is hosted by Jen over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.
Tempt my Tummy Tuesday hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace.
Cooking Thursday is hosted by Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.
Weekend Cooking Creations is hosted by Jennifer.