1 bag baby carrots
1 box sliced mushrooms
14.5 ounce can Hunt’s petite diced tomatoes
1 pound pork loin or 4 boneless pork chops
1 tablespoon herbs de provence
1 can cream of potato soup
1 tablespoon Classico sun dried tomato pesto
3 tablespoons dry sherry (I used Amontillado)
- Combine carrots, mushrooms and tomatoes in a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Season pork with salt and pepper.
- Place on top of vegetables.
- In a small bowl combine, soup, pesto and sherry, blending well.
- Pour over pork.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Remove pork and shred with 2 forks.
- Return pork to vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.
Tasty Tuesday is hosted by Jen over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.
Tempt my Tummy Tuesday hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace.
PORK CHOPS in ORANGE SAUCE
4 boneless pork chops
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
3/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup cold water
- Combine paprika and pepper.
- Rub both sides of all pork chops with mixture.
- Melt butter in skillet and brown pork chops over medium heat.
- Combine the orange juice and sugar, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over pork chops.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes until chops are cooked through.
- Remove chops and keep warm.
- Whisk together the flour and water until smooth.
- Whisk into orange juice mixture and bring to a boil, simmering until thickened.
- Serve over the chops.
With just the 2 of us, I take the leftover pork chops and shred them into the sauce. We then eat the leftovers over noodles or mashed potatoes.