1 bag baby carrots
1 box sliced mushrooms
14.5 ounce can Hunt’s petite diced tomatoes
1 pound pork loin or 4 boneless pork chops
1 tablespoon herbs de provence
1 can cream of potato soup
1 tablespoon Classico sun dried tomato pesto
3 tablespoons dry sherry (I used Amontillado)
- Combine carrots, mushrooms and tomatoes in a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Season pork with salt and pepper.
- Place on top of vegetables.
- In a small bowl combine, soup, pesto and sherry, blending well.
- Pour over pork.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Remove pork and shred with 2 forks.
- Return pork to vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.
Tasty Tuesday is hosted by Jen over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.
Tempt my Tummy Tuesday hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace.
KENTUCKY HOT BROWNS
4 thick slices french bread (1 per person)
1/2 pound sliced turkey
4 thick slices bacon, cooked crisp and halved
1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
2 large vine ripe tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/3 cup AP flour
3 1/2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Whisk together the butter and flour until smooth.
- Add milk gradually. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in Parmesan cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast bread and place on a cookie sheet or in individual baking dishes.
- Top with turkey slices.
- Pour Mornay sauce over top.
- Place tomatoes evenly on top.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Broil 3-4 minutes until lightly browned and bubbly.
- Top with bacon pieces and serve immediately.
This recipe can also be turned into a casserole easily!
KENTUCKY HOT BROWN TART
1 package Pillsbury pie crusts
1 1/2 cups chopped turkey (rotisserie chicken works well too)
2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1 1/2 cups half and half
4 large eggs
salt and pepper to taste
2 large vine ripe tomatoes, sliced thin
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Unroll pie crusts and stack on top one another on a lightly greased surface. Roll together into a 12 inch single crust.
- Fit crust into a 10 inch tart pan pressing to flute edges, trim excess.
- Line pie crust with tin foil and weigh down with beans.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Remove weights and tin foil.
- Bake 8 more minutes.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Layer shell with turkey, cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Whisk together the half and half, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Pour over turkey, cheese and bacon.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until center is set.
- Arrange tomato slices on top of tart.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Cool 15 minutes on a wire rack before serving.