LEMON CHEESECAKE SQUARES
8×8 straight edge pan
2 pieces of parchment paper 8 inches wide
- Alternately overlap the parchment pieces so that they cross each other and fold over all 4 sides.
- Push the parchment into the edges and the corners making a straight crease.
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Graham cracker crumbs
- Using a fork add graham cracker crumbs until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Press into the bottom of prepared pan.
1 pound cream cheese, softened at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 LARGE eggs
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition until completely smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, strained twice
1/2 cup sugar
2 LARGE eggs
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- Whisk together the sugar, eggs and lemon juice until sugar is completely dissolved.
- In a small non-reactive sauce pan cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until steaming, but not boiling. The mixture will have thickened.
- Remove from heat and add butter, stirring until butter is melted.
- Pour through a sieve to remove any lumps.
- Preheat oven to 325˚.
- Prepare crust.
- Prepare cheesecake portion.
- Bake 40 minutes or until sides are slightly puffed, cake is not too jiggly and center is dry to the touch.
- While baking, prepare the curd.
- Remove cheesecake from oven.
- Pour hot curd on top of cheesecake and lightly spread to even out.
- Cool 20 minutes on rack.
- Move to the refrigerator and chill 5-6 hours or overnight before serving.