1 1/2 pounds chicken breast or chicken tenders, cut into chunks
1/4 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon safflower oil
1 cup water
pinch coarse salt
2 tablespoons wok or vegetable oil
1 tablespoon (a splash) white or rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup chicken broth or stock
8 ounces (1 cup) prepared lemon curd or use the lemon sauce below
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
1 lemon, zested
2 scallions, thinly sliced or 20 blades fresh chives, finely chopped
I added shredded carrots, peas and broccoli.
- Sift together the flour, cornstarch, salt and baking powder.
- Coat the pieces chicken, shaking off any excess.
- Heat a large skillet or a wok-shaped nonstick pan over medium-high heat with safflower oil.
- Stir fry chicken until golden, 3 or 4 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan and return pan to heat.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add a splash of vinegar to the pan and let it evaporate.
- Add stock, soy sauce and sesame oil to the pan and scrape up any drippings with a whisk cooking until slightly thickened.
- Add chicken back to the pan and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes to thicken sauce and finish cooking chicken pieces through.
- Remove the pan from heat, add the scallions or chives and the lemons and zest.
- Toss chicken pieces well to combine zest and scallions or chives evenly throughout the sauce.
Tasty Tuesday is hosted by Jen over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.
Tempt my Tummy Tuesday hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace.
Cooking Thursday is hosted by Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.
Weekend Cooking Creations is hosted by Jennifer.