HOBO FOIL STEWS with BUTTER BBQ SAUCE
2 thick ground beef patties, I used Stater Brother’s bacon cheddar patties
1 Yukon potato, chunked
1 carrot, sliced
1 Mexican onion sliced thin
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon butter per patty
- Layer 2 pieces of heavy duty foil on top of each other.
- Place the hamburger patty in the center.
- Top with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Spread BBQ sauce around the butter.
- Top with sliced onions.
- Spread onions and carrots evenly around the meat.
- Fold the foil pieces up around the meat tightly.
- Turn it over seam side down and then seal the 2nd piece of foil.
- Turn them back over so they are meat side down.
- Bring grill to a medium heat, around 225°.
- Place foil packs on grill with lid shut for 10 minutes.
- Turn packets over for 10 more minutes.
- Serve in foil or slide out onto a plate.
HOMEMADE BBQ SAUCE
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons dark rum
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
1 teaspoon white pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 1/2 cups Portland Ketchup
- In a large saucepan combine all the ingredients except the ketchup.
- Cook uncovered until sugar is dissolved and all ingredient are well blended.
- Add ketchup and bring to a slow boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring often (about 30 minutes) until dark and thick.