- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices fresh pineapple
- 4 (1.5-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- Light mayonnaise (optional)
- 4 large basil leaves
- 1. Prepare grill.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done, brushing occasionally with lime juice. Grill pineapple 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 3. Spread mayonnaise on bottom halves of buns, if desired. Top each with 1 chicken breast half, 1 pineapple slice, 1 basil leaf, and 1 bun top. Serve immediately.
Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast, Oxmoor House 2009