Chinese Fried Rice
2 cups cooked rice
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
1 onion, finely chopped (I had huge onions, so I used about 4 thin slices)
1 firm tomato, finely chopped (I used 1/2 a big tomato)
1 small green pepper, finely chopped (I used 1/2 a big green pepper)
a handful sprouted lentils (I used sprouted lentils, mung and adzuki beans)
1/4 cup boiled edamame (my family loves edamame, so I used almost 1/2 cup)
1 teaspoon soy sauce (I used tamari)
Salt to taste
Spring onions, chopped to garnish
- Prepare all ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a wok on high heat add the ginger garlic paste.
- Stir once and immediately add the onion and saute.
- Add the tomato and pepper and stir for a couple of seconds,
- Add the sprouts, edamame and the soy sauce.
- Keep stirring continuously for a minute and add the cooked rice and lower the flame.
- Check for salt and add a little. The soy sauce will have some salt so check before adding.
- Stir and cook for a minute for the flavors to blend. Remove from flame and serve hot garnished with spring onions.
Taste & Create is a monthly food blog event, created by my friend Nicole of For the Love of Food. Participants are randomly paired, and must choose and create a recipe from their partner’s blog. It is FUN. If you’d like to sign up, check out How it Works or email me at cowgirlmin07[at]gmail[dot]com by the 8th of every month!