It’s FOODIE FRIDAY
over at RATTLEBRIDGE FARM
and a great time for me to catch up on a few recipes that needed posting from the recently tried stack of Magazine Monday
recipes and this week there were quite a few winners I must say.
First up is:
BULLAI RUBBED CHICKEN
2 pounds chicken tenders, rinsed and dried
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 KNORR onion bouillon cube, crushed
1 teaspoon California sweet Paprika
1 KNORR chicken homestyle stock tub
2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes
Juice of 1 lemon
4 tablespoons butter, divided
- Combine spices until well blended.
- Sprinkle rub on both sides of chicken rubbing in well.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat.
- Cook chicken pieces until just done, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken pieces, keeping them warm.
- Add remaining butter and KNORR stock and hot water, whisking into drippings until well blended. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and simmer about 10 minutes until reduced by half.
- Whisk in the lemon juice and whipping cream until well blended.
- Add sun dried tomatoes.
- Reduce heat, simmering to desired consistency.
- Pour over chicken and mashed potatoes.
Next was a super easy and SUPER tasty recipe:
GERMAN SMASHED POTATOES
3 pounds YUKON GOLD potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks, cooked tender
1/2 pound bacon
4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
- Cook bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels.
- Add vinegar and sugar to bacon fat, being sure to scrape up all the bits on the bottom of the pan and cook until well blended. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl add the potatoes and smash.
- Crumble the bacon over the potatoes.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over top and mix well.
Then came a more time consuming recipe, but one hubs fell in love with:
I also found that they now make refried BLACK beans – gotta tell you I’m loving these!
LAYERED TORTILLA PIE
1 cup salsa
1 pound ground beef
homemade taco seasoning
1 can refried BLACK beans
1 can traditional refried beans
8 inch flour tortillas
2 cups Mexican shredded cheese
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- Brown the hamburger and drain off the grease.
- Add 1/2 cup water and taco seasoning to the hamburger.
- Cook until liquid is absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a medium bowl mash together the refried beans, 1/2 the salsa and 1/2 the garlic.
- In another medium bowl mash together the refried BLACK beans, 1/2 the salsa and 1/2 the garlic.
- Spray a shallow pie pan with PURE.
- Spread a small amount of sour cream on a tortilla and lay in the bottom of the pie pan.
- Spread with one of the bean mixtures.
- Add another tortilla and spread with some meat mixture. Top with a thin layer of cheese.
- Repeat layers until you have about 7 or 8 layers.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover lightly with foil.
- Bake 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Cut into wedges and serve with salsa and sour cream.
Here’s an all-time favorite:
Sliced green onions
Juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper to taste
1 large can tuna, drained really well
Mayo to taste
- Toss all together and enjoy with some garlic bread.
And lastly one of our new favorites:
ITALIAN MEATLOAF CUPS w/ PARMA ROSA PASTA
1 pound hamburger
1 pound Italian sausage
2 bunches green onions, chopped
1 sleeve saltines, crushed
1 can Italian tomato paste
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
These are truly greatest hits at our house and welcome leftovers for weekend picnic sandwiches.
PARMA ROSA PASTA
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon minced garlic, jar
1 tablespoon Classico sun-dried tomato paste
1 egg yolk, beaten
1/4 teaspoon thyme
salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Gradually add heavy cream, stirring constantly. Stir in salt, pepper and grated Parmesan cheese and stir constantly until melted.
- Whisk in egg quickly and heat through.
Recipes Submitted to:
and TATERTOTS & JELLO’S LINK PARTY PALOOZA