BROWN SUGAR CRUMB CAKE
1/2 cups flour, sifted
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 JUMBO egg
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare baking dish with cooking spray and a light flour dusting.
- Sift together dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the milk, egg and vanilla until well blended.
- Gradually fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients JUST until combined. DO NOT OVER MIX!
- Spread batter into pan.
1 1/4 cup flour, sifted
1 cup packed dark brown sugar**
2 teaspoons cinnamon, sifted
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- In a medium bowl sift together the dry ingredients.
- Pour melted butter over dry ingredients and stir gently until crumbs form.
- Sprinkle the crumbs over the batter.
- Use a knife to swirl some of the crumb mixture down into the cake.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Combine together in a large mixing bowl starting with a low speed and gradually increasing until well blended. This can take as long as 10 minutes.