I did make a few changes to the original recipe which are indicated in green and the items I removed are in red. I have to tell you this was one of the easiest brunch items I’ve ever made. Crisp and tasty too!
HASH BROWN HAM & CHEESE QUICHE
3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
4 tablespoons butter, divided 1 + 3 tablespoons
1 cup shredded jack cheese
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
+1 large bunch green onions, sliced
+6 button mushrooms, sliced
1 cup cooked ham, diced
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
-1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Thaw hash browns between paper towels to absorb excess moisture.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray 9 inch pie plate* with PURE.
- Press hash browns into the bottom and along the sides of the pie plate.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter and drizzle it all over the hash browns.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until edges are browned.
- While these are browning, melt remaining tablespoon of butter in a small skillet and saute’ green onions and mushrooms.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cheese and ham chunks. Layer over potatoes.
- In a small bowl whisk together the whipping cream, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the ham layer.
- Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes or until set in the center.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
*next time I will use an 8×8 baking dish for ease of serving.