Good morning everyone! We had these little yummies this past week and hubby is already asking for them again so I think they were a hit!
CHILE LIME CHICKEN PATTIES with LIME REMOULADE SAUCE
2 cups rotisserie chicken. chopped small
2 tablespoons chopped celery
2 tablespoons chopped parsley, fresh
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
1 cup Panko crumbs, divided in half
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 egg, lightly beaten
Juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons Franks Chile hot sauce
1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
salt and pepper
Juice of 1 lime
Several drops Franks Chile Hot Sauce
- Process chicken until just ground, or choppy VERY fine.
- In a large bowl mix together chicken, celery, parsley, green onions, 1/2 cup Panko crumbs, mayonnaise, egg, lime juice, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce until well blended.
- Form into 6-8 patties and coat with remaining Panko crumbs.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Cook patties slowly until browned, about 10 minutes, turning halfway through.
- For the sauce, whisk together all ingredients until well blended and smooth.
- Serve with lime wedges if desired.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 25 min
Servings: 4 servings
See More Better Homes and Gardens Recipes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless pork rib or loin chops, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
1. In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Sprinkle chops with black pepper. Cook chops in hot oil for 6 to 8 minutes, until brown on outside and slightly pink in center, turning once halfway through cooking time. Remove chops from skillet; cover and keep warm.
2. For sauce, in same skillet cook and stir onion over medium heat for 3 minutes or until tender. Push onion aside. Remove skillet from heat; add orange juice and brown sugar. Return to heat. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved. Stir onions into sauce.
3. Spoon sauce over chops; sprinkle with crushed red pepper, if desired. Serve with steamed green beans.
1 1/2 pounds select stew meat
2 (10 ounce) cans French onion soup
1 (10 ounce) can cream of onion soup
1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
1 (16 ounce) package frozen stew vegetables, thawed
Place stew meat in sprayed slow cooker.
Add soups as listed and spread evenly over meat.
DO NOT STIR. Turn slow cooker to HIGH and cook just long enough for ingredients to get hot.
Change heat setting to LOW, cover and cook for 7 to 8 hours.
Serves 4 to 6.
Hubby’s Hamburger Recipe…
3 pounds ground beef or ground turkey
1 1/2 tube of Ritz crackers
1/2 cup of BBQ sauce
1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons soy sauce
garlic salt to taste
garlic powder to taste
pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together by hand in large bowl
- Form into desired size patties
- Cook on grill to desired doneness with or without cheese
- Enjoy with your favorite condiments
- Happy Eating…
- Spray casserole dish with PURE
- Lay chicken pieces in bottom.
- Generously salt and pepper chicken.
- Cover with Fire Roasted Salsa Verde
- Place a generous dollop of sour cream on top of each chciken piece.
- Cover with grated Monterey Jack cheese.
- Sprinkle with diced tomatoes and chopped cilantro.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Fire Roasted Salsa Verde
My Source for awesome homemade verde sauce = Chris the wonderful cook, griller, photographer and Big Green Egg enthusiast. Check out his blog at www.nibblemethis.com
His Source = Adapted from Steven Raichlen’s Planet Barbecue!
1 pound tomatillos, husks removed
1 Serrano pepper
1 jalapeno pepper
1 Anaheim pepper
1 large onion, peeled and sliced into thirds
3 cloves garlic, peeled and skewered together with a toothpick
½ cup cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon bacon fat
3 ounces chicken stock
½ teaspoon sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Get your grill cooking at about 450f.
- Place the peppers and tomatillos on and sear them until all sides are blackened.
- This should take a few minutes per side. Remove and place them into a plastic bag for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill the onion and garlic until browned (about 4 minutes a side for the onion, 1-2 for the garlic) and remove from heat.
- Skin, seed, and dice the peppers.
- Skin and quarter the tomatillos. Don’t be super picky about getting all the charred skin off, you want a little in there for flavor.
- Quarter the grilled onions.
- Place them all in a food processor and pulse them until you get a salsa like texture.
- Heat the bacon fat over medium high heat and then add the tomatillo mixture for 3-5 minutes. You’ll get some thick “pops” as the thick liquid heats but keep stirring.
- Mix in the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, letting the flavors get happy together.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
Chocolate Cake~Banana Pudding…
Chocolate Cake~Chocolate Pudding…
I’m thinking of Lemon Cake~Lemon Pudding next…
One box of cake mix prepared per box instructions…
Two boxes of pudding mix prepared per box pie filling instructions…
Pour cake mix in glass pan…
Pour pudding mix in center of cake mix…
Heat oven to 350 and bake for 50 minutes…