This is one of those recipes I found somewhere and set aside, but kept peeking back at it now and then. I finally ran out of reasons not to try it and am kicking myself for not trying it sooner. The changes I made for an even better flavor in our opinion.
INDONESIAN PORK ROAST ala TAMY
2 pound pork tenderloin
low sodium soy sauce
reduced-fat JIF creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
4 cloves garlic, minced
mango chutney apricot pineapple jam
6-8 slices bacon**
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine soy sauce, peanut butter, red pepper flakes and garlic, mixing well.
- Using a heavy duty cookie sheet or roasting pan line it with heavy duty foil.
- Spray with pure. Arrange bacon slices.
- Spread 1/4 of mixture over bacon slices.
- Top with tenderloin.
- Spread remaining sauce on top and sides.
- Wrap bacon slices up and over securing with toothpicks.
- Roast, uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Brush evenly with jam and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Turn off oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
**I bought my tenderloin at costco and instead of being a whole tenderloin it was 2 halves. So I used bacon slices to wrap it as a whole and that addition made a fantastic difference.
Tasty Tuesday is hosted by Jen over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.
Tempt my Tummy Tuesday hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace.
Cooking Thursday is hosted by Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.
Weekend Cooking Creations is hosted by Jennifer.