PLANS FOR THIS WEEK… NOT MANY!
TODAY I AM CELEBRATING LIFE.
2+ years ago, 12-29-10, my life changed forever with an ovarian cancer diagnosis followed by MAJOR surgery and recovery. Then came another surgery for a subsequent problem. Now there is another and bigger medical issue, but I’m coping.
What I am also doing is making a BUCKET LIST. No, not because I’m dying, but because I’m living. I’m doing well considering and I’m recovering. Miracles DO happen.
There are so many things I want to do before I do die, but there never seems to be enough time, money or energy so I’m making a list as I go and changing that. I’m fortunate that I have already done so many things, but there are so many more yet to do! I no longer stress out over the small things and they were right, they are all small things!
- # 1 –
eat a hangover burger– 12-28-11
- # 2 – go to a PRO football game
- # 3 – go to a PRO hockey game
- # 4 – finish my novels
- # 5 – finish my cookbooks
- # 6 – get published
- # 7 – Go to Vermont/New England and see the changing colors in the fall
- # 8 – Go to Disneyworld/Epcot Center
- # 9 – Go to an Olympics
- #10 – Get a postcard series of pictures published
- #11 – Go white water rafting
- #12 – Go Deep Sea Fishing (if only for the pictures)
- #13 – Design and publish a quilt pattern
- #14 – Travel 1st Class
- #15 – Take a Mississippi River Steamboat Cruise
- #16 – Take a River cruise
- #17 – Say what I mean in a nice way and quit sugarcoating it when the person needs to hear the truth.
- #18 – Forgive ex, but follow through with WHATEVER it takes to finally get settlement even if it means being ruthless since he was the master manipulator and I was the naive laid back one.
- #19 – Appreciate each moment and stop letting fear immobilize me…
- #20 – Be kinder…gentler…more sensitive to others… Realize we are all dealing with difficulty…
- #21 – Breath more…Talk less…Listen…
- #22 – PURGE “items” from my life so my loved ones don’t have to do it later.
Every time I update this list I will change to the current date to show my progress.