This one is for my brother-in-law, Terry, the family short order cook. He knew I cooked all healthy and was prepared to hate this recipe. But instead everyone loved it and it disappeared fast!
3 pounds sausage *
6+ slices Wonder bread**
2 cups milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup ***
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer the meat in the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Lay bread evenly over the meat.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs and soup until well blended.
- Pour over bread.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let set 5 minutes before cutting.
- *I like a ham (ham steak) and sausage mix – if using only ham spray pan with PAM first
- **I have also used sourdough and gluten free though gluten free just doesn’t taste right to me
- *** I use cream soup substitute