3+ cups peeled, grated & squeezed* potatoes
1 large bunch green onions, minced or 1 small Vidalia onion, minced
1/2 cup self rising flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup buttermilk**
1 egg, beaten
4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sift together the flour, salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, egg and butter until smooth.
- Whisk in the flour mixture until well blended.
- Fold in the potatoes and onions.
- Drop onto hot griddle and make your pancakes.
- Serve with applesauce and sour cream or with the Sauerbraten gravy.
*I use a cheese cloth towel as my base. I grate the potatoes on top of it and then bring all the corners together like a knapsack wrapping the potatoes inside. I continue to tighten the turns until I squeezed all the moisture from the potatoes.
**I generally use regular milk and 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar.