Melissa over at The Inspired Room is inspiring women all over the blogosphere to share their favorite 20 things about Autumn. It all started with this post at Beautifully Imperfect, and since this fits in so beautifully with all we’ve been trying to accomplish this month, Barbara decided to share her own list and now I will too.
20 Little Things to Treasure in Autumn
- Adding the quilts to the beds and then the down comforters too! I just love snuggling in with a good book on a chilly fall evening!
- Flannel Sheets.
- Pumpkin Butter on a fresh slice of bread.
- The leaves changing to the reds, golds and oranges of fall.
- Apple cider on the front porch bundled up with my favorite flannel blanket.
- Steaming bowl of chili and Monday night football with hubby.
- Trading things and tennies for slippers and boots.
- Soups and stews simmering on the stove all day.
- The cat curled up in the warmth of the sun streaming through an upstairs window.
- Turtlenecks and flannels – I just love them together.
- Hot chocolate and fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.
- Candles on the mantle.
- Seeing your breath when you talk.
- Fresh made applesauce from our own tree.
- The first snow of the season.
- Harvest Festivals and Oktoberfests.
- Decorating for Halloween.
- Trick-or-treaters in their cute little costumes.
- Decorating for Thanksgiving.
- Decorating for Christmas.
Isn’t it great that we decorate for all these holidays during the same season?
1 13 ounce can solid pack pumpkin puree’
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
4 1/2 cups sugar
1 package unflavored gelatin
- Mix pumpkin, spices and gelatin into a large saucepan.
- Bring to a hard boil over a high heat, stirring constantly!
- Stir in sugar all at once.
- Return to a full rolling boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly!
- Remove from heat.
- Ladle into jars.
- Water bath process.
Give me 5 Monday came up with the same topic, so I guess I’m covered 4 times over!